What is the early history of Chinnaswamy stadium?
The Chinnaswamy stadium is established in 1969. Earlier it was known as Karnataka Cricket Association Stadium. Later on, it is named after BCCI chairperson M Chinnaswamy.
What are some general facts about Chinnaswamy Stadium?
The Chinnaswamy stadium is the home ground of the royal challengers of Bangalore. It is located in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. The capacity of the stadium is 40000. The owner of the stadium is govt of Karnataka but it is leased to Asia for 99 years. The pavilion is named as pavilion end, been the end. The pitch is generally bouncy and pacy. The stadium is painted in yellow and red color as it is the Kannada flag.
What are some interesting facts about Chinnaswamy stadium?
- In 1974, in the match between India vs west indies; the legend of cricket Sir Vivian Alexandar Richard made his international cricket debut at Chinnaswamy stadium.
- In 1996, India vs Pakistan world cup series match was India’s first day and night match which was played under floodlights in this stadium.
- In 1996, this stadium hosted the miss world pageant.
- The Chinnaswamy stadium records more footfall than any other stadium in India.
- In 2015, Chinnaswamy stadium became the world’s first solar-powered stadium.
- In the year 2017, a sub-air drainage system was installed to vacuum power the rainwater in 20 minutes.
What are some of the test records on Chinnaswamy stadium?
- The first test match was played between India Vs West Indies in 1974.
- The highest test score is of Younis Khan(Pakistan). He scored 267 runs against India in 2005.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds the record for the most test run on this stadium. From 1994 to 2012 Tendulkar scored 869 runs; with the highest being 214 runs on this ground.
- Anil Kumble in between the years of 1994-2008 took 41 wickets in 474.4 overs in this stadium.
- The highest test partnership on this ground, of 176 runs was between S M Gavaskar and A D Gaekwad against Pakistan in the year 1983.
What are the ODI records of Chinnaswamy stadium?
- The first ODI was between India and Srilanka in the year 1982.
- India holds the record of the highest ODI total of 383 runs against Australia in the year 2013.
- RG SHARMA scored the highest ODI score of 209 runs in 158 balls against Australia in 2013.
- Yuvraj Singh took the most wickets in a match- 5 wickets in 10 overs against Ireland in 2011.
- Zahir Khan in the year between 2001-2011 took 14 wickets in 8 matches and holds the record for most wickets on this stadium.
- The highest ODI partnership was between AJ Finch and DA Warner of 231 runs against India in the year 2017.
What are the T20I records of Chinnaswamy stadium?
- On 25 Dec 2012, the first T20I on this stadium was played. It was between India vs Pakistan.
- The highest t20 score is scored by India, the team scored 202 against England on 1st Feb 2017.
- The ground has seen the highest t20 score of 84 runs by ADS Fletcher, of West Indies against Srilanka, on 20 March 2016.
- The best bowling record on this ground is in the name of YS Chahal of India. He took 6 wickets against England on 1st Feb 2017.
- The highest t20 partnership on this ground is between G Gambhir and A M Rahane of India. This partnership scored 77 runs against Pakistan on 25 Dec 2012.
More on Wiki Chinnaswamy Stadium