Royal Challengers Bangalore is among the founding team of the Indian Premier League since the year 2008. The team’s track records made the cricket pundits adjective the team as “underachievers.” Though the team has many big names, the team didn’t win a single IPL trophy. However, the team has been the runner-up on three occasions in IPL history. The team represents Bangalore city of India. The home ground of the team is Chinnaswamy Stadium.
Franchise and Sponsors
Initially, the now-bankrupt, so-called liquor tycoon of India, Vijay Mallya, bought the franchise of RCB at a whopping amount of 111.6 million USD. He named the team royal challengers based on one of the liquor brands, Royal Challengers. The franchise was under the Mallya company ” united spirit” until 2016, but now RCB is owned by Diageo India. Diageo agreed to pay Rs 515 crore to absolve him of all liabilities over financial lapses at the company founded by his family.
Read an extensive IPL Betting Tips analysis.
RCB in Auction
Players retained: Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Yuzvendra Chahal, Devdutt Padikkal, Navdeep Saini, Washington Sundar, Mohammed Siraj, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Josh Philippe, Shahbaz Ahmed, and Pavan Deshpande.
Players released: Aaron Finch, Chris Morris, Isuru Udana, Moeen Ali, Pawan Negi, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Shivam Dube, Dale Steyn, Parthiv Patel, and Umesh Yadav.
Complete List of new players bought:
- Glenn Maxwell – Rs 14.25 Cr
- Sachin Baby – ₹20 lakh
- Rajat Patidar – ₹20 lakh
- Mohammed Azharuddin – ₹20 lakh
- Kyle Jamieson – ₹15 crore
- Daniel Christian – ₹4.8 crore
- Suyash Prabhudessai – ₹20 lakh
- KS Bharat – ₹20 lakh
Royal Challengers Bangalore Squad
Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Josh Philippe (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed (wk), Devdutt Padikkal, Pavan Deshpande, Sachin Baby, Rajat Patidar, Mohammed Azharuddin, Suyash Prabhudessai, Srikar Bharat (wk), Daniel Sam, Harsh Patel.
Glenn Maxwell, Daniel Christian, Kane Richardson
Washington Sundar, Adam Zampa, Yuzvendra Chahal
Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, Kyle Jamieson
AB de Villiers, Josh Philippe (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Kyle Jamieson, Daniel Christian, Daniel Sam
Expected Playing 11
Devdutt Padikkal, Mohammed Azharuddin, Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, AB De Villiers, Sachin Baby, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kyle Jamieson, Kane RicipIPLhardson, Navdeep Saini
RCB in news
- AB Devillers became the first foreign player to cross the 100 crore salary club in IPL history.
- RCB signs wk batsmen of New Zealand, Finn Allen as replacement of Josh Phillippe.
- Adam Zampa won’t be available in the first IPL match of RCH against MI as he is getting married.
Royal Challengers Bangalore
Website- RCB official
#PlayBold #KnowYourChallengers #VIVOIPL2021 #WeAreChallengers #rcb
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE FULL SCHEDULE (IPL 2021)
- April 9, 7.30 pm – Chennai – Mumbai Indians vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore
- April 14, 7.30 pm – Chennai – Sunrisers Hyderabad vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore
- April 18, 3.30 pm – Chennai – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Kolkata Knight Riders
- April 22, 7.30 pm – Mumbai – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Rajasthan Royals
- April 25, 3.30 pm – Mumbai – Chennai Super Kings vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore
- April 27, 7.30 pm – Ahmedabad – Delhi Capitals vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore
- April 30, 7.30 pm – Ahmedabad – Punjab Kings vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore
- May 3, 7.30 pm – Ahmedabad – Kolkata Knight Riders vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore
- May 6, 7.30 pm – Ahmedabad – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Punjab Kings
- May 9, 7.30 pm – Kolkata – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Sunrisers Hyderabad,
- May 14, 7.30 pm – Kolkata – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Delhi Capitals
- May 16, 3.30 pm – Kolkata – Rajasthan Royals vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore
- May 20, 7.30 pm – Kolkata – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Mumbai Indians
- May 23, 7.30 pm – Kolkata – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Chennai Super Kings
Interesting facts about RCB
The team hasn’t won any IPL trophies.
Records of RCB
- Highest score– 263/5 runs vs. Pune Warriors
- Second highest score– 248/3 runs
- RCB is the only team to score 100+ runs in the last five overs. The team managed to score 112 runs in the previous five years against Gujarat Lions.
- Most sixes by a team– 1005 sixes.
- Most sixes in a match– 33 sixes (the year 2018)
- Most individual 100s by a team– 12 centuries (Gayle 5, Virat 4, Devilliers 2, Manish Pandey 1)
- Best bowling figure by an Indian- Anil Kumble (5/5 runs in 2009 against Rajasthan Royals)
- Best bowling economy rate by an Indian- Anil Kumble (6.57)
- In the year 2016, the biggest partnership in IPL history against Gujarat Lions; 229 runs by Virat Kohli and AB Devilliers
- In 2015, against Mumbai Indians, Virat and Devilliers scored 215 runs as second-highest partnership runs.
- Most 100+ partnership in a season Virat and Devilliers had it, four times in 2016.
- Most 50+ partnership by a pair Kohli and Gayle- 21 times
- Most 100+ partnership Kohli and Gayle- 10 times.
- Most runs scored by a pair Gayle and Kohli- 2787 runs
- Highest batting average by a pair- 52.5 Kohli and Gayle
- Virat and Devillers is the only pair in the world to score two 200+ runs partnership
- 2nd largest victory by runs- 144 runs lead against Pune Warriors
- Most 100+ runs win- 3 times (144 vs Gujrat, 138 vs Punjab, 130 vs. Pune)
- Most wins without losing a wicket in chasing- 3 times
- Most wins in chasing with remaining of 50+ balls- 3 times
- 2nd most matches played- 167 matches
- Most 200+ runs scored by a team- 9 times
- Most consecutive wins against an opponent- 8 wins vs. Delhi
- Most 100+,150+, 200+ partnership runs by a team- 29,6,4 times respectively
- Most runs scored by a team from 4s and 6s- 210 runs vs. Pune
- Most sixes by a team in an inning- 21 sixes vs. Pune
Players’ record of RCB
Though Chris Gayle is not in RCB for this season yet his records are mention-worthy when he was an RCB.
Chris Gayle holds the record for most runs in one inning. In 2013, Chris Gayle, against Pune Warriors, scored 175 runs in 66 balls. Some of the Chris Gayle records made in 2013 in this IPL match in 2013 against Pune Warriors are-
- Most sixes in one inning- 17 sixes
- Most fast century- 100 runs in 30 balls
- Most sixes- 239 sixes
- Biggest score- 175runs
- Most run-scorer in an over- In the year 2012, 37 runs(3 fours four sixes)
- Most 100s from boundaries and sixes- 3 times
- Most 10+ sixes in an inning- 4 times
- Most sixes in a season- 59 sixes in the year 2012
- Most 100s with 200+ batting strike rates( less than 50 balls)- 3 times
- Most 600+ runs in a season- 3 times
- Most runs from 4s and 6s in an inning- 154 runs 13 fours, 17 sixes Pune Gladiators
- Most man of the match in a season- 6 times in the year 2011.
- Most run by an opener- 3990 runs
- Orange cap winner- the year 2011 and 2012
- Most man of the match- 20 times
- Most centuries- 6
Some of the fantastic IPL records of RCB captain Virat Kohli are unforgettable. Virat Kohli scores most runs in IPL. He has scored 5412 runs until now in the IPL series. Some of the other IPL records in IPL history in his name are as follows-
- Most runs in a single season of IPL- 973 runs in 2016
- Most ducks- 6 times
- Most 4s- 480 fours
- Most half century-36 half-century
- Most century- 5 century
- The Only player who played for a single team for 11 seasons.
- Costliest player- 17 crore
- Most runs in a single season- 973 runs 2016
- Most 100 by a captain- 4 century
- 2nd most consecutive matches played- 144 matches
- Most 500+ runs in a season- 5 times ( in the year 2011-2013-2015-2016-2018)
- Most 100s in a single season- 4 century in 2016
- 2nd most run-scorer in IPL- 4948 runs
- Most balls faced- 3784 balls
- Most 100s by an Indian- 4 century
- Most 100+, 150+,200+ partnership by a player- 20,5,3 times respectively
- Youngest captain of IPL at the age of 22 years187 days
- Highest batting average in a single season- 81.08 in 2016
- Most boundaries and sixes in a season- 121(83 fours, 38 sixes) in the year 2016
- Most balls faced in a season- 640 balls in 2016
- Most half-century by an Indian in a season- 7 fifties in 2016
- Most sixes by an Indian in a season- in the year 2016, 38 sixes
- 2nd most consecutive 50+ runs- 4 times
- Most runs scored for a single team- 4948 runs
- Orange cap winner- the year 2016
AB De Villiers
Some facts about ABD
- Most catches in IPL history- 72 catches
- Most ducks- 6 times
- Most catches by a fielder in a single season of IPL- 19 catches
- Man of the match- 19 times
The records of RCB truly show how dependent the team is on some of the key players, such as Virat Kohli. With the exit of Chris Gayle, the team is also on the verge. But this year 2021 squad is up-and-coming for RCB, especially Glenn Maxwell, which can reduce the team’s overdependence on Virat and Devillers. We will soon publish the evaluation of the expected playing 11 of RCB on the website. Keep scrolling and snacking on cricket on our website.