History: Punjab Kings is the IPL franchise team of the state of Punjab in India. The home ground of the team is PCA Stadium Mohali. Initially, the team’s name was Kings X1 Punjab, but on February 17, 2021, the team was renamed Punjab Kings. The team’s banner says letters K, J, H, P, H postulates Jammu, Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab as the catchment area of the franchise.
Read an extensive IPL Betting Tips analysis.
The team hasn’t won a single trophy until now in IPL history. Kings 11 competed in the year 2014 in the finals, but Kolkata Knight Riders defeated the team. The team made only one other playoff appearance in 2008 among all the 13 IPL seasons.
FRANCHISE AND SPONSOR
Preity Zinta, Karan Paul, Ness Wadia, and Mohit Burman jointly hold PK’s franchise from the initial days. Initially, the franchise holders paid 76 million USD to buy the team’s franchise in the year 2008.
In the year 2010, during Lalit Modi Scam, BCCI decided to scrap Rajasthan Royals and Punjab Kings’ franchise. Still, the franchise holder of these two teams knocked on Mumbai High Court’s door, where they alleged BCCI of malicious intentions of scraping the existing franchise holder ownership to give the franchise rights to the new lucrative bidders.
The PunjabKings’ sponsors for the IPL 2021 are T10 Sports, Kent RO Systems, Jio, Lotus Herbals, Aaj Tak, Bageshree Lake City, EbixCash, Avon Cycles, BKT.
PK squad for IPL 2021
Expected Playing 11
KL Rahul (C&WK), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Dawid Malan, Nicholas Pooran, Mandeep Singh, Jhye Richardson, Ravi Bishnoi, Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami & Arshdeep Singh.
- FABIAN ELLEN(West Indies)
- CHRIS GAYLE(West Indies)
- DAVID MALLEN(England)
- CHRIS JORDAN(England)
- J RICHARDSON(Australia)
- REILY MEREDITH(Australia)
- M HENRIQUES(Australia )
KX1P IN NEWS
- This season, Kings X1 Punjab has adorned a new franchise name as “Punjab Kings.”
- PKunveil new jerseys to golden sports helmets in the new season.
- Damien Wright joins PK as the new bowling coach.
- Coach- Anil Kumble
#SaddaPunjab #PunjabKings #IPL2021
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
Kings Official Site- PK Official
IPL AUCTION 2021
The franchise has one of the heaviest purses in the IPL auction.
With a wallet amount of 53.80 crores, initially, Kings have basketed the following players. The wallet of the team is increased to 68.5 crores. The team roped in a total of 25 players in the squad. It was surprising to see how the franchise was hell-bent, including two Aussies pacers, with no IPL experience, in the team. Jhye Richardson, Riley Meredith, these two Aussie pacers, don’t have much experience playing on Indian soil.
- KL Rahul (c & wk),
- Mayank Agarwal,
- Chris Gayle,
- Mandeep Singh,
- Prabsimran Singh,
- Nicholas Pooran (wk),
- Sarfaraz Khan,
- Deepak Hooda,
- Murugan Ashwin,
- Ravi Bishnoi,
- Harpreet Brar,
- Mohammed Shami,
- Arshdeep Singh,
- Ishan Porel,
- Darshan Nalkande, and
- Chris Jordan.
- Jhye Richardson (14 crores),
- Riley Meredith (8 crores),
- Shahrukh Khan (5.25 crore),
- Moises Henriques (4.2 crores),
- Dawid Malan (1.5 crores),
- Fabian Allen (75 lakh),
- Jalaj Saxena (30 lakh),
- Saurabh Kumar (20 lakh),
- Utkarsh Singh (20 lakh)
1) Rajasthan Royals vs. Punjab Kings, Match 4 at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on April 12 (Monday); Time-7:30PM IST
2) Punjab Kings vs. Chennai Super Kings at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, Match 8, April 16 (Friday), Time-7:30PM IST
3) Delhi Capitals vs. Punjab Kings at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, April 18 (Sunday), Time-7:30 PM IST
4) Punjab Kings vs. Sunrisers Hyderabad at M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, Match 14, April 21 (Wednesday), Time 3:30 PM IST
5) Punjab Kings vs. Mumbai Indians at M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, Match 17, April 23 (Friday), Time 7:30 PM IST
6) Punjab Kings vs. Kolkata Knight Riders at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Match 21, April 26 (Monday), Time 7:30 PM IST
7) Punjab Kings vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Match 26, April 30 (Friday), Time 7:30 PM IST
8) Punjab Kings vs. Delhi Capitals at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Match 29, May 2 (Sunday), Time 7:30 PM IST
9)Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Punjab Kings at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Match 33, May 6 (Thursday), Time:7:30 PM IST
10) Chennai Super Kings vs. Punjab Kings at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, Match 37, May 9 (Sunday), Time 3:30 PM IST
11) Mumbai Indians vs. Punjab Kings at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, Match 42, May 13 (Thursday), Time 3:30 PM IST
12)Kolkata Knight Riders vs. Punjab Kings at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, Match 45, May 15 (Saturday), Time 7:30 PM IST
13) Sunrisers Hyderabad vs. Punjab Kings at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, Match 50, May 19 (Wednesday), Time 7:30 PM IST
14) Punjab Kings vs. Rajasthan Royals at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, Match 54, May 9 (Saturday), Time 7:30 PM IST
Records Of Kings 11 Punjab In The History Of Ipl-
- The team scored most Patrik in IPL history along with the Rajasthan Royals. The team scores a total of 4 tricks. Yuvraj Singh took two hattricks in the year 2009. In 2016, Axar Patel. In the year 2019, Sam Curran also took a hattrick.
- The most catches record by a player in the IPL series is also in David Miller’s name. In 84 matches or 84 innings, he took 53 catches.
- The most wickets in IPL series history are taken by Piyush Chawla. In 87 matches, he took 84 wickets
- The most ducks record is in the name of Glen maxwell. In 57 matches or 55 innings, the player got ducked 9times.
- The lowest team total in IPL history is also King’s 11 Punjab name. In the year 2017 IPL, the team made 73 runs against Rising Stars Pune.
- The highest team total in an IPL match is 232 runs made by the kings 11 Punjab in 2011 IPL against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Kings 11 Punjab’s Virender Sehwag scores the highest individual score by any player in 2014 IPL against Chennai Super Kings. He made 122 runs in 58 balls.
- The record of most sixes in IPL history is in the name of David Miller. In 79 matches, he scored 87 sixes.
- Shaun Marsh of Kings 11 Punjab makes the most 50+ scores. In 71 matches, he made 50+ score 21 times.
- The kings 11 Punjab, many players scored the most 100’s in IPL history. Sehwag, Marsh, Miller, Gayle, Kl Rahul Vridhiman Shah all scored centuries and more.
- The record of most runs in the history of the IPL series is also in the name of Marsh. In 70 matches, he secured 20 times half-century and above. He also scored a century and once. He scored overall 2477 runs in IPL history.
The top-order batsmen of Kings Punjab like KL Rahul, Mayank Aggarwal, Chris Gayle are powerful contenders for every opponent they face.
The middle order of Punjab kings with Nicholas Pooran is expected to be replaced by David Mallan. However, Punjab kings have roped in Mallan, the world’s number one T20I batsman, but the team is almost full of big names struggling to adjust Mallan in the team order. Punjab Kings has an exceptional batting lineup from top to bottom with various domestic and foreign top-notch batters.
But the bowling lineup of the franchise is fragile. Mohammed Shami is the only bowler with regular IPL exposure. Most of the recruits have not much IPL experience. Jhye Richardson and Riley Meredith, Fabian Allen, Ishan Porel, KC Cariappa, and Jalaj Saxena lack the crucial IPL experience.